November 26, 2015 In Signwriting
How To Create A Sign That Gets Noticed
Signage is one of the most cost-effective and powerful ways to promote your business – but signs that go unnoticed are almost redundant.
Here are our tips on creating signage that stand out:
- Use contrasting colours. This will help make your sign more legible and more noticeable from a distance.
- Avoid information overload. Adding too much text to your sign will make it ineffective and aesthetically unappealing.
- Location, location, location! Get your sign installed in a position that is highly visible. Before installation, make sure it can be seen from all angles and check for any buildings that might obscure its visibility.
- Incorporate your branding. All signage – even functional signage such as wayfinding, should be consistent with your company’s branding. Include your logo wherever you can and use your fonts and colours.
- Consider LED, neon or 3D signs. If you want your signs to really stand out – illuminated or 3D signage might be your answer.