Why is Signage Important for Your Business?
Maybe you are just starting a new business, or you have an established business and want to rebrand. Or perhaps you just want to improve your visibility and get the attention of potential customers. Whatever stage your business is at, signage should be a crucial part of your marketing mix if you want to make an impact and create a strong visual brand.
Good signage can help your business in a number of different ways, including:
- Branding and visibility. Customers are more likely to buy from a business they have heard of than one they haven’t. Prominent, eye-catching signage exposes your business to people who over time may become customers and helps you build a strong brand.
- Differentiation. Your signage can help to differentiate you from the competition and build a truly unique brand. The more distinctive your signage, the more your business will stand out in the eyes of your potential customers and as long as your signage reinforces your unique point of difference, it can act as a virtual salesperson 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Functionality. As well as having a promotional purpose, your signage also has a functional role to play in helping direct people to your business and merchandise as well as informing them when you are having a sale or promotion. This can help you raise awareness of your marketing activities and improve your customers’ experience.
Benefits of signage over other forms of marketing
If you’re not sure whether you should invest in professional signage for your business or update your existing signage, here are a few benefits that great signage can bring your business when compared to other forms of marketing:
- Signage is a cost effective marketing strategy. While there may be an initial outlay, once your signage has been created there are no further costs unlike many other forms of marketing that require ongoing maintenance and updating. When you consider the number of people your signage will reach compared with other types of advertising, the level of exposure compared to the cost makes it an extremely worthwhile investment.
- Signs work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Unlike advertising or other marketing promotions which usually only run for a limited period of time, your business signage will be up and visible continuously, no matter what time of day or night it is.
- Signage gives potential customers continued exposure to your brand. When they first see your signage, your potential customers might not be ready to buy your products or services but long term exposure, as they walk or drive past your signage every day, often means that once they are ready to buy they are more likely to think about you or recommend you to their friends and colleagues.
If you have physical premises for your business, you shouldn’t underestimate the importance of signage. Great signage can help you build your brand, direct customers to your business and expose you to potential new customers.